Monday, February 14, 2005

Valentine's Day 2005

Well, it is Valentine's and I have no special plans. I think a nice, quiet, relaxing evening cuddled on the couch with J is what I am looking forward to.

TTC:
So, my dr. put me on Humibid LA to help with my CM. He told me to start taking it as soon as I noticed CM. So, I did. I forgot to take it on Saturday, so out of a week, I missed it once. Well, I was having the creamy CM...figured I would since I am only on CD16. Well, the last 2 days, it has been dry/sticky. Is this because I missed taking the pills on Saturday? OR, is it because I am completely screwed up? My guess is that it is the latter, but who knows! *OK, 4:00 PM update- my cm is now creamy- barely there, but nonetheless, it is creamy. Much better than dry/sticky. Ugh! I hate this. Feeling myself up at work just really sucks!*

The other day, I was doing laundry or something and J was in the living room watching TV. Well, I walked in there and this was our conversation:

J: Hey, have you tried those ovulation stick things?
Me: What? (With a really confused look I am sure)
J: Those ovulation sticks? The ones that tell you if you are ovulating or not.
Me: What!?! Where did you hear about those?
J: I just saw a commercial for them. I think you should try them.
Me: Do you know how much those things can end up costing? (I am very tight when it comes to spending money on myself, even when it comes to getting pg. I did buy an Ovulation Microscope a while back. Don't ever use it anymore, because I could never get a ferning pattern. Is there a pattern here????? )
J: I think you should try them.
Me: Ok, if you say so.

So, I went to Wal-Mart yesterday and bought a 7 day kit. I guess since my temp spikes in previous charts have been between CD21 and 23, I will start using them on CD18. We will see how that works.

My questions, when is the best time to use them? Morning or afternoon? Are you supposed to use first morning urine? I am so oblivious to these things.

I still haven't got the results back from my blood draw that was on Thursday, Feb. 3. I want the results.! I want to know....I NEED to know!

Well, time to get back to work.

Happy Valentine's Day!!!!

4 comments:

Sara said...

Okay, if you have seen the psychotic posts about OPKs on my site, you will know this already. I think I officially have it mastered!

Just remember . . a true positive is GLARINGLY OBVIOUS, where the test line is SUPER dark. If you have doubts, it is negative.

I also use morning pee, I found afternoon was not as clear. But others say afternoon is the only way to go because you get your lh surge mid-morning.

Hope this helps!

Jenna said...

Hey Chasity,
Happy Valentine's Day. I hope you had a good one with J. I am sorry that you are having trouble with the medicine. I hope that it helps. I can't believe they are waiting so long to give you back your lab results. Have you tried to call them? I wish you luck with the OPKs. I have thought about trying them.. but I am scared they would frustate me even more. You will be in my thoughts. From what I have read I have heard morning is the best time, but Lesley has a good idea too. Have a great day.
Jenna

Ally said...

Personally, I never got anything out of those opk tests. I mean, why have a line at all when it's negative. It's so ridiculous. I think they are altered if on some meds so I'd ask the doctor just to be on the safe side. I know ont he clomid they're not so accurate. I also read that the best urine to use is at lunch time and not the morning pee. Again, I'd read the instructions...they seem to be different on every brand. Good Luck Chas...

Mrs. D. said...

I will be starting OPK again next month... although in the past they have been a total bust for me...

Hopefully you will have some luck with them... Isn't is sweet when your hubby tries to help??? That always makes me feel so close to him... like we are in this together instead of me out there alone...