Well, a quick update on my Dr. appt. yesterday....
I had a blood draw so he could check my FSH, LH, and prolactin. He thinks that because of my short luteal phase that I may have polycystic ovaries. Depending on how the blood work comes back, he may be putting me on Glucophage. He wants to hold off on the Clomid for a couple of months and see what can be done without taking that step. He did say that I am at a healthy weight, and am not exhibiting the classic signs of PCOS (excessive facial hair, weight gain, and excessive acne). I do have some acne, but I start breaking out every month when I am having my period. I swear, sometimes I feel like I am going through puberty all over again! I have another appt. to go in for a complete physical on March 23. Whoo hoo! I can't wait! Yeah right.
Not TTC related....I don't think we have any big plans for the weekend. Probably do some cleaning on the house and hang out. Sunday, we will of course be watching the Super Bowl! Come on New England! I really wanted to see the Steelers over the Patriots in there, but what can you do? I am a huge fan of the Cowboys, but since they didn't get there, I had to pick someone else.
You know, I have really hated not having NHL. I miss watching my Stars, and I haven't been able to wear my Modano jersey this year. Uuuugggghhhh. It isn't like they don't make enough money.
Anyway, back to work. Have a great weekend!
Friday, February 04, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Okay, now you are going to have me googling "glucophage" and "PCOS" to see if there is anything that rings a bell. My luteal phase was really short when I got pregnant and miscarried both times and despite being on Prometrium now, it seems to be getting shorter and shorter. I have had horrible acne in the past and hardly any now thanks to Accutane. My weight is "normal", but I could stand to lose a few I think.
Hmmmm . . . .
Post a Comment