Wednesday, January 19, 2005

January 19, 2005

It's January and still no BFP. I am coming up on the year mark of my m/c and I really thought I would be pg again by now. So, I am seriously going to call my Dr. and start in on the testing phase. I guess I am just scared to make the call and do it. I am worried that he will tell me that I am "broke" and there is a possibility I can't be fixed. I don't know why I am worrying about that. I should just buck up and make the call.

I think...no, I know that the first question that I will be asking him is what tests will be done and how will they be coded. If I do that, I can then call my insurance and find out if it will be covered. If it isn't covered.....I hate to say that there will be no testing for me. Not until I can save up some money!

So, in my time spent on google looking up fertility testing, I came across an answer to a question that had been posted on Jenna's page. Her question was:

"What do you call us... by us I mean people who have had m/c or more then one, and are ttc.. and ttc is taking forever. So what do you call us.. we aren't infertiles are we??"


So, this is what I found...
Definition
Infertility is defined as 12 months of unprotected intercourse without pregnancy.
Primary infertility: Infertility without any previous pregnancy.
Secondary infertility: When there has been a previous pregnancy.

The previous definitions come from The Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.

Ok, on to something a little brighter! Class is going pretty good so far. Why wouldn't it be, I have only gone to 2 classes! I think it is going to be really interesting. I don't know what it is about Psychology, but we talked a lot about sex last night! Freud, isn't he great?

Well, all of that talk and I had to go home and do a little of that myself! O should be coming up early next week. We will see how that works out. Maybe this will be my month (like I tell myself every month) and I won't have to worry about testing and insurance and all of the bs that goes along with TTC.

I just wanted to let everyone know that I am thinking about them and keep them in my prayers! I am looking forward to seeing a comment on here saying that one of my fellow TTCers got a BFP (Jamie....Jenna....those that I lurk on your blogs....) I need to see one, even if it isn't mine!

Have a great day and enjoy *HUMP* day!

No comments: