Well, I know that there are a few of you that belong to PW. Well, I sent another e-mail the other day to inquire on the status of the TTC over a year board.
My e-mail written either yesterday or the day before...can't really remember:
Hello. I am just writing to see if any progress has been made towards getting a "TTC over a year board" set up in the PW Community.
Please set one up for those of us who have been trying longer than others, but are not comfortable going to the Fertility Issues board.
I would appreciate you doing this.
Thank you
The response that I received today:
Chasity -
I totallly understand that many of you really want a TTC Over 1 Year
board, but why wouldn't those members want to get involved in the
Dealing with Fertility Issues board? I went into that board and there
are very few posts there. All those that want a new board could just
move to that one, and I don't understand why you would feel
uncomfortable about being in there.
Don't get me wrong, we have greatly considered adding that board;
however, we don't want 3 boards that are very similar, and people
aren't very involved in one of them.
Please open my mind to this issue so we can look further into adding
this board.
Thanks
Jade
The e-mail that I sent back at 2:12 PM:
Jade,
I myself haven't started any kind of testing to check for infertility. I have been TTC for about 15 months. I got pg 5 months after we started trying and that ended in a miscarriage. We have been actively trying since the miscarriage and still haven't got pg.
I don't know that I have infertility issues. I will find that out once I go to see my dr. If I am diagnosed with some kind of fertility issue, then I will be happy to post on that board, but until then, I am not happy with either the fertility issues board or the current actively trying board.
I am extremely happy for the ladies that get pregnant right off the bat, but it is really hard to watch them come and go like they have been. For example there is one lady that had been on the board for just a few weeks and she is already announcing her pregnancy saying that she did it on the first try.
What are we supposed to do, when you are on the TTC board and people keep coming in and giving you the advice "just relax" or "it will happen in Gods time"? That may be true, but when you have been trying for so long, it just gets hard and you want to know that you are talking with other women who are going through and dealing with the same things that you are.
I hope that this has opened your mind a little towards creating this new board.
Thank you,
Chasity
So, I guess we will see what happens from here.
Ok, I heard back again! I am amazed...here it is:
Chasity -
I understand and feel where you are coming from. I can only imagine the pain you all must feel. I guess what it boils down to is the issue of having three boards of women trying to conceive. Can I make the suggestion of taking away "Dealing with Fertility Issues" and replacing it TTC for 1 year+. Do you think there would be people upset by this? I also know we wouldn't call it Actively Trying for over 1 Yr, we would find a title that isn't close to Actively Trying. What do you think?
Thanks
Jade
And once again....my response:
Jade,
Honestly, I don't know if there would be people upset with it or not. I have gone to that board a few times, but I never have posted on it. I think replacing it with a TTC for 1 year + would be a great idea. You say it wouldn't be actively trying or close to that, what do you have in mind for calling it? I think adding a board like this would be so beneficial to a lot of the women on PW. I can poll a few of the women and get some ideas for names if you would like.
I appreciate your help and consideration in this matter.
Thanks again,
Chasity
So, if anyone has any names for a "proposed" new board, let me know what you think.
Ok, it is 7:02 PM and this is the latest e-mail that I got from Jade:
Chasity-
Yes, can you ask around and see what names you can come up with. I'm not too sure if we would even replace the board, so please don't speak on it as a "for sure" thing.
Thanks
Jade
So, I won't be doing any more postings for today. If you can think of a name, please let me know. Thanks!
Wednesday, January 26, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
OMG . . this lady talks as if it is the most PRESSING and DIFFICULT thing to change the name of a board or, better yet, ADD A BOARD! What is the big deal? I see you point exactly! You can tell her I said that. (growl)
:-) Sara
I can't believe this is such a big issue... Have they noticed they already have 3 boards on the same thing? Baby Names- Girls, Baby Names- Boys, and Choosing a Baby Name. Is there really a need for those three boards that are the same.. Really? Ugh! I really don't get this.
Jenna
Post a Comment