Monday, August 01, 2005

Monday Morning Update...

Well, it is Monday morning and unfortunately, I am at work and J is gone until Thursday....again. According to him, this will be going on probably until November or December (with possibly a few weeks at home every now and again). Hopefully not, but you never know!

So, my appt. on Friday....my dr. really didn't check much. He explained to J that when I am mean, it isn't actually me, it is the alien that took over my body, so he shouldn't get to mad or take anything too personal.

We did hear the heartbeat. We didn't really get a count on it. It sounded pretty damn fast and I was just relieved to hear it. It took my dr. a few minutes to find it, but he was looking higher than where it actually was. He says that I have a high pelvic bone and that is a good thing. Whatever....if that means easier labor, I'm all in! So, since I heard the heartbeat, I ordered a doppler on Sat. morning, I really hope that it is in by the end of this week. I need something to put my mind at ease every couple of days. Also, I have decided since I made the 12 week mark and I know for a fact that there is still a baby in there, I am going to bite the bullet today and tell my supervisor the news. I have been putting off telling him because he acted like a total ass the last time I got pg. Apparently, knowing that I would be taking time off when I had the baby through a wrench in his plans because he wouldn't have someone to be here at his every beck and call. Then, when I lost the baby, I think he just felt guilty...he was really (I mean REALLY) nice there for a while.

Well, I guess I should get back to work now and I will talk to you soon! Oh, my next appt is August 26 at 4:45 pm and I will be 16w3d. Have a great day and week!

An added note:

Congrats Erin!!!!! I am so incredibly happy for you. I can't wait to see the pics. Take care of yourself and the newest addition to the family.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

I am so happy that you heard the heartbeat - that is such wonderful news!!!
Will you be getting a sonogram at your 16 week appointment or will they wait until your 20 week? By that time you can find out the sex of the baby if you want! Are you going to find out?

Good luck to you and belly rubs!

Liz said...

I am so happy for you. I'm glad everything is going well. I know hearing the heartbeat took your breath away and was very reassuring.

I hope your boss will be more sensitive this time. So in a couple of weeks you might find out what you're having...how exciting.

Take care!

Jenna said...

I am so happy that you got to hear the heartbeat!!! That is so exciting!!!!! I hope that you are able to relax a little and enjoy your pregnancy. You are in my thoughts and prayers!!!
Hugs,
Jenna