Well, I am getting ready to leave work to take my aunt and grandma to the airport. I should have taken the whole day off work, but instead choose to take from 10:30 -2:30. Their plane leaves at 1:00, so I have plenty of time to get back to work. I hate that they are leaving already. It seems like they just got here....the week flew by!
Well, here is a quick update on me. I have a dr. appt on Friday (16w3d). But, I have to say, the coolest thing happened last night. My family wanted to hear the heartbeat one last time, so I pulled out the doppler. My aunt wanted to try to find the heartbeat so I let her. It took her a few minutes, but she found it. It was beating good, but was very faint (like the baby was towards the back). I had read how the baby is already sensitive to light and that if you shine a light towards your stomach, then the baby will pull away. So, I had them turn off the light and my aunt kept the probe in the same place. It was so funny because the heartbeat got really loud and strong. My mom walked in and turned on the light and it got faint again. We had her turn off the light and it got loud. So, I don't really know if it was a coincidence or not, but it was really cool! That little one was on the move last night. I can't wait to see him or her again. I am hoping for Sept. 16. I will let you know after my appt. on Friday when I get to have another u/s.
Well, I hope that everyone has a great day! Take care.
Wednesday, August 24, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm glad things are going well and I can't wait to hear about your next u/s. Are you going to find out what you are having?
I'm sorry you're leaving PW...you will be missed. Thanks for your support.
That is really cool Chas! I am toying with getting the Doppler but my husband says I will drive myself nuts with it! LOL
Glad you are still doing so well - Let us know how the doctor's appt. goes!
Chas, that sounds so exciting. I know with my first pregnancy, my husband heard about the light thing and he followed me around at night with a flashlight pulling up my shirt every chance he got...it is such a wonderful feeling. I am glad to hear you are doing well. Take care!
Heather M.
That's really cool Chas. I've heard about the Doppler (they didn't have that when I was pg last time). Where do you get one?
Good Luck with the dr. appt. I'll talk to you soon. :)
Post a Comment