My supervisor finally finished up my yearly performance eval. that was due the end of Feb. So, here is my take on things. Me...a piss poor employee? Apparently only about 20 % of the time. Well, my supervisor thinks that she has to solicit comments about my job performance from some of the people that I work most closely with. The majority of the comments (about 80%) were pretty good. However, that other 20% is another story.
So, here is a comment that really threw me for a loop:
"Is friendly and generally has positive attidude, but is sometimes a flippant about some situations that makes me think some people may be getting less diligent attention than others that she finds more to her liking."
Now, I could definitely be wrong, but not doing my job because I don't like someone is a surefire way of getting fired! AND, right now I can't afford to get fired. Of course, it kind of makes me laugh because that is just completely fucking stupid. I think that my supervisor need to pull her head out of her ass and figure out what the comment is supposed to fucking mean. Last year, all of my comments were glowing, and she left everyones names who wrote the comments. This year, she only left a few names, but not the names for the bad comments. So, I am going to ask about those names today in my weekly meeting.
But, so you don't think I am a useless, crappy, sorry ass employee, here are a few of the good comments:
Willing to help out others.
Reliable.
Good common sense/judgement.
"Can do" attitude, gets job done in satisfactory and professional manner.
The only thing that I can't seem to figure out is... if you are a hard working employee who does everything they can to get a job done efficiently and correctly the first time, why do you take so much abuse and are constantly under scrutiny? Whereas, if you truly are a shitty employee, they think nothing of it and you seem to get more perks and benefits to go along with the job.
I really don't get it, and I don't think I ever will. I mean, I do my job without having to be supervised every second, but we have an employee that can't seem to do something without screwing it completely up and then my supervisor (who is also her supervisor) takes up for her and says..."well, she isn't as computer savvy as you" or "if we would utilize her more, then she would learn how to do these things and would do them correctly." You know, it doesn't really have anything to do with that. I think it's the fact that she isn't required to take any classes to improve on the skills that she should have but doesn't. She is under utilized because it takes me longer to explain to her 6 times than to just do it myself to begin with!!
Ok, sorry about the rant! Hope everyone has a great day!
Tuesday, March 29, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I hate workplace politics!!! And I hate being evaluated even more. Ug.
Post a Comment