The first couple of days, I didn't get much sleep at all. I think that this little girl is scared of the dark. When we go to bed, we put her in the bassinet beside the bed. She may last an hour in there if we are lucky before she starts screaming. Then, we have to take her out and lay her on one of our chests. Before you think I am a bad person for co-sleeping, it is the only way we can get sleep. I don't exactly sleep very sound right now anyway. I know that we "shouldn't" be doing that, but it makes her feel better and we can get a little rest.
So, Jer has been a huge help, but he went back to work today. He asked them if he could work out of the office for a week or so, that way he could be home with us in the evenings. The assholes that he works for said no, so he is gone until Thursday. This sucks so bad!!! My mom is going to come stay over here tonight, to try and let me get some sleep.
Jer's parents came in for the weekend. They got here on Friday and left this morning. It was a really nice visit and I had a good time.
Oh, to answer Jess's question...I am doing pretty good. I feel good with the exception of needing a bit more sleep, but other than that, I really don't have any complaints. I did go buy the Angelcare Monitor. With Jer being gone, I NEEDED that extra peace of mind.
Well, here are a few new pics of my little girl....
This is after her 2nd bath. In a couple of days, I will let you know how her 1st bath experience went. I will just say right now that it didn't go all that well, but I couldn't help but laugh!
I will post more later. Being at home, I have dial-up and this takes forever. Take care and I will try to get to everyones blogs and check up on all of ya'll in the next day or two!
7 comments:
I just found this and wanted to say congrats!! Also I have a 9 month old son and I will say for the 1st 2 months that is how I slept otherwise there was no sleeping. I didn't get him to sleep in his room all the time by himself until he was 7 months and we are still waking at night. (And I too love every single moment of it!!)
Don't let others judge how you nurture your child. Co-sleeping isn't a bad thing, it just isn't for everyone. Again congrats and enjoy those laughs (about the bath), they just get better and better.
What a cute little bunny!!! I love the pictures.
I am not a fan of co-sleeping... I have just heard so many bad things. Just remember you are a lot more tired than you realize... (My bf actaully fell asleep on the sofa with her newborn and actually dropped the baby... she was only asleep for maybe 1 minute but said that she started dreaming and immediatly went into a really deep sleep. It really freaked her out how fast she could fall asleep and how deeply).
Not to scare you... just be careful.
We are all so happy to see Sami doing so well.
She's beautiful, congrats again.
I agree with Steph, there are different thoughts on co-sleeping. I never liked to do it with my husband in the bed because he was never as aware of the baby as me. You'll find what works for you and yours.
My God Chas - she is so beautiful!!!!
AS far as co-sleeping - I know you hear how bad it is - and there are for and against points - but in order for us to get ANY sleep when Joey was a baby, he slept with us. I was also so amazed that I had him that I didn't want to let him go - the thing to watch out for thoush is that you end it early - Joey is 4 now and every morning about 5am he still comes into our bed - not that I mind - I love to snuggle with him for an hour before I have to get up!
Do what you feel is best for you and your baby. I hope you get some rest! Keep up the good work!
Chas she is beautiful!!!!! I am there with you in no sleep dept but loving every minute of it!!!
Got the link to your blog by "blog-hopping" :) Don't feel bad about co-sleeping. I have done that with my two older boys and I'm doing it now again with my baby.
She is totally gorgeous.
Blog hopping myself--do what you need to do to get your sleep! We co-slept when that worked and tossed babies 1 and 2 out when it didn't (2 had a bad windmill habit). I'm 35 weeks with 3 and we don't even have a plan--we'll do what we have to do.
(PS--the best thing about being pg with #3 is that no one gives you advice. All these happy older women smile and say (assuming I'm out alone) "is it your first?" and I say "Nope, third". And then they shake their heads and slowly walk away.
Post a Comment