Thursday, September 08, 2005

Update...

First, let me begin by saying....I will be so glad when tomorrow at 5 PM gets here. I can't take much more of this god forsaken place that pays my bills!

Ok, so the whole tar issue hasn't really been resolved. I just have to play musical chairs in the building until they are finished doing the roof.

The best thing that has happened to me this week...at least I think it did. Ok, so I am not sure, but I think I may have felt the baby move last night. I'm not sure because it wasn't the flutter that everyone talks about, it was more like I was getting thumped from the inside. I waited for a while after feeling it...and nope, no gas. So, since I didn't get the gas I am thinking that it was my little one wanting to know if anyone was around. I could just be wanting to feel something, but I think it really was. It happened several times within a 5 minute period or so. Sorry for the rambling, but I get to thinking about it and my thoughts really get scattered.

I can't wait until next Friday at 3:30 pm. We have our u/s and I am REALLY hoping that this little one cooperates. I want to wait on finding out, but I want to know. I figure I will probably have enough suprises in labor and delivery. J thinks it is a girl and I keep calling it a boy, so I can't wait to see. I am so excited. I can't believe that I have made it this far. I think I am becoming more and more scared as time goes on. All kinds of crazy thoughts consuming my mind. My main concern is that the little one is healthy. My second concern....I pray that I will be a good mommy. I am getting so scared!

Well, I need to go read blogs, so I will write more later. Take care and have a good one.

Oh, to answer Les's question about me only taking 6 weeks off after the baby is born....the University that I work for does not offer maternity leave. We have to use sick, personal, and vacation time. When the baby is due in Feb., I will have a little over 8 weeks built up. I don't want to use it all, so that is why I am only taking the 6 weeks.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Hey, I am glad to hear you are doing well, except for the tar smell...if it was me, I would have thrown up all ver the boss's desk...that would teach them! I know you are excited to find uot the sex of the baby. It is so exciting. That may have been the baby that you felt. I know with me it was the fluttering, but with some of my other friends, when I mention a flutter they looked at me strange. Just wait till you can see a whole foot kicking you, talk about excitement! Take care!

Heather M.

Jenna said...

That is so great that you felt the baby move. How exciting. I hope your little one does cooperate, it would be so exciting to find out what you are having. You are in my thoughts.
Jenna

Liz said...

You felt the baby...how exciting!! I'm so happy for you. I hope for next week's u/s the baby cooperates. Can't wait to find out. Take care of yourself.

Heather P. said...

Glad to hear from you!! Glad that you are doing well!!!!! I didn't feel a flutter either!! I felt the thump!! LOL What are the women talking about when they say flutter and quickening!! I didn't get either!! Congratulations!