Well, today is 20 weeks! I had a dr. appt. this morning, and I finally got up the nerve to ask my pre-pregnancy weight. I have gained 16 pounds so far! Our u/s on Friday went pretty good. We have a very stubborn little....well, maybe I will make you wait on that.
So, the tech was getting measurements and everything looks great. The heart beat was 156 and the little one was weighing in at about 11 oz. First, I will say that I apparently have a long cervix. The tech was trying to get the measurements of the head and and the baby's head was buried below my pelvic bone, so the tech couldn't quite get to it. She got one measurement of the head and said that she really needed 2, but one would have to do. The tech had my butt propped up in the air (probably close to a foot and was massaging my lower abdomen, but that stubborn little thing wouldn't budge.
Ok, so we have decided on the name Samantha Lynn. That's right...it is a little girl. The tech showed up the 3 little lines that are supposed to be the labia. J says that those 3 little lines are going to haunt him for the rest of his life. He is happy, but he is so nervous! His comment to me was, "It's not that I am upset and not happy that we are having a girl, I am just nervous because I don't know anything about that... only what I used to do to them." Ok, so my husband wasn't the best of boys during high school or college. I told him...what goes around, comes around. Now, he has decided that it may be pretty cool to have "daddy's little girl". I just don't know about him.
The pics that we got from the u/s (all 2 of them) sucked! We got one profile of the head (it is rather blurry) and one really good one of her arm (you can really see the bones). I may post one, but not sure. I think I am going to talk to my dr. about possibly getting another u/s, but we will have to wait and see on that one. I was going to ask him this morning, but he was running behind and I needed to get to work, so I skipped it on this time.
Well, it is almost time to get back to work, so I hope that everyone had a great weekend! Take care.
Monday, September 19, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!
Congratulations!!! That is wonderful news!!!!
Congrats Chassy...girls are wonderful!!!
Oh I am so happy for you, Chas! Congratulations on your little princess.
Heather M.
Oh wow!!! You are having a DAUGHTER!!!!!!!
I am so happy for you Chas!
That is such great great news Chas!! I love the name!!! Congratulations! I am so happy for you!!
Don't worry by DH - he will adjust to the idea of a girl - I have found that the worse a guy was in High School the tighter his daughter gets him wrapped around her little finger!!!!!!
Way to go!!!
Post a Comment