Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Tar sucks!

Ok, so last week I mentioned that they were tarring the roof of the building where I work. They are still doing it. Last Thursday and Friday afternoon, I used my supervisors office due to the strong smell in my office. Guess what....here I am today and the smell is strong again this afternoon (at least it is to me). I have had a couple of people say, "Well, you have a high sensitivity to smells since you are pregnant. It won't do any harm to you or the fetus." In the back of my mind, I am thinking...."fuck you!!! You lose a baby and then tell me it is OK to sit in an office smelling tar for 3 to 4 hours. Talk about some dumb fuckers! Sorry about the language, but the smell is really getting to me. I want to go home, but I really can't afford to take the time off. I need to save it so I can be home for at least 6 weeks with the baby in Feb. I guess I should be thinking that it really doesn't matter rather or not I have the time. If something happens to the baby due to this I am going to hate myself forever for not moving out of my office sooner or just taking the time off!

Ok, so I am going to do some investigating on this now......

Take care and have a great week!

4 comments:

Ally said...

YOu tell em Chas. I have a definate sensitivity as well since I had sinus surgery. I can definately feel for ya. Just tell your boss that your dr. says you can't smell it for long periods of time, that you will have to take MANY breaks...you'll see how fast they change their tunes. LOL

Liz said...

I agree with Ally. Hopefully telling them you needs lots of breaks will work. Hope things will get better very soon. The situation sucks!

Jenn said...

Nowadays everything effects everything - I definately wouldn't stay in that office - I am with the rest - Tell them you will need alot of breaks - your doctors said so (Dr. Ally, Liz, Lesley and Jenn) !

Let us know what you find out.

Heather P. said...

I would hate that!! I am so losing my appetite for anything now!! Look at me I get m/s in the 2nd trimester!! LOL Always have to be different. I think you should either take time off or take lots and lots of breaks!! Hope it goes away soon