Thursday, June 23, 2005

Update....

First, I want to start off by saying
Congratulations Jenn! I am so excited for you!
Now, I called my drs. office because I got to wandering if they will be doing an u/s when I go in for my appt. next Thursday. Well, I heard back and no, they won't be. They will be doing the typical 1st OB Intake Appointment. This just completely fucking sucks! I started crying...not where the nurse could tell, but as soon as I hung up with her, I called J and told him that he didn't need to take any time off to go with me on Thursday.
I just can't quit worrying that this pregnancy is going to end up like the last one. I know that cramps are normal, but I swear some of these seem worse to me than what I think they should feel like. I don't have any other signs of m/c, so I shouldn't worry....I just can't help it. Like I told J, until I see the heartbeat, I am not going to be able to loosen up. The nurse did say they usually schedule them within a week of the 1st OB appt, so lets see...I will be 9 1/2 - 10 weeks by then. My appt. next week should put me at 8 w 3 d.
Ok, that is enough...I am sorry for whining about this. It is just that no one else seems to understand.
Have a great day and take care.
Oh....once again....
Whoo hoo Jenn....Jenn's gonna have a baby...or two...or three!

8 comments:

Jenna said...

Chas,
I am so happy for Jenn too!!! It is so exciting, all these ttc oay getting there bfps!!!
Okay, about the other stuff, is there another Dr that you can go to that will see you sooner? I don't think that I would be able to wait that long, I think it would be worth calling around to see if you can find an ob that really understands and will see you sooner. I can't wait till you hear that heartbeat for the first time. Your in my thoughts and if there is anything I can do for you please let me know.
Hugs,
Jenna

Ally said...

Try not to worry too much Chas. As far as I remember, the cramps are normal. I dont' understand, given your m/c, why the doctor won't allow you to get an earlier ultrasound. I guess they have their reasons, no matter how ridiculous they can be.
Try and relax and have a nice weekend. I'll be thinkin of ya.

Jenn said...

Thank you so much for the Congratulations! It means alot to me!

I know how frustrating it is to wait for the sonogram and wondering if everything will be ok.

I know you spoke to the Nurse there - but maybe when you see the doctor you could express your concerns to her and she will give you the U/S. I know that my regular OBGYN did that for me when I was nervous b/c I had very light spotting - he had checked me out and said that everything was fine - but could tell on my face that I wanted the reassurance - so he said - well - so you feel better I will give you the U/S - your doctor may just change his mind when you speak to him.

Good luck to you!

Liz said...

I know its hard not to worry. Hopefully they will do the u/s soon. Like Jenn said if you express your concerns to your dr she might schedule it very soon.
Good luck!

KBF said...

Hi -

I too had a miscarriage w/ my first pregnancy. I am now 34 weeks pregnant w/ my second. At the beginning I cried everyday b/c I had absolutely no syptoms (no sore boobs, no sickness, no increased appetite,etc.) But everything was and is fine! However, I will say that my Dr. gave me 2 scans really early (i think at 6wks and 8wks) due to me having had a prior miscarriage - i would ask your Dr. again and if they are not willing, I would consider a Dr. that might be more accomodating to your needs.

Good luch!

Anonymous said...

I can completely understand why you are upset about the u/s. If it were me, I would tell the doctor during the visit that I want one to feel more secure about my pregnacy. I hope that you have a healthy smooth pregnancy.

Heather P. said...

I understand your worry!!!!! I am worried too. I am having the u/s (this will be my 3rd) July 11 to determine the exact due date. I am worried to that something is going wrong right now! I will feel better (I said that I would feel better knowing there was a heartbeat but now its) when we get to listen in with the doppler. Only hopefully a couple of weeks left until that time!! I understand what you are going thru!! We are doing it together!!

Jessigirl said...

I love the ticker!