Well, remember all of the e-mailing back and forth with my "father". I never heard back, and I started chuckling to myself this morning, because for some odd reason one of his comments in one of the e-mails cracked me up. I think that this is rather ironic. Here was his comment:
"Like I said before, I was very sorry to hear that you had lost a baby. I know you think that I do not care about you or what happens to you, but you are very wrong. It hurt when I got your email stating that you had lost the baby. Would have been my first grand child (even though I would not have gotten to see him or her because you do not like me very much). I think about you all the time too. All I wish for you and XXXXX is the best in life. Enjoy life while you can, because life is too short."
So, it is funny and sad all in one. Here I was trying to reach out and hopefully bring us back together. He turned me away, and now...here we are. I am debating on whether or not to e-mail him and let him know. But, I know if I do, I will be shitty about it. I am trying my best not to do that though. I don't know. I think I will give it another month or two and then maybe I will tell him. I don't know...maybe...I will just e-mail him the link to my blog!
Thursday, June 02, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It's a tough situation. He seems to only respong when HE wants to.
I also don't think it's something that should be said in an email.
If I were you, I'd wait to see if he calls...and ony then I would tell him.
Actions speak louder than words...and his actions leave much to be desired. His email seemed like he was trying to give you guilt (you don't like me very much) and not owning up to his own faults and most importantly he didn't seem like he voiced trying to change and be more of a father to you.
Keep the people in your life that are a positive influence on you...rid yourself of negative elements. He's right on one thing -life IS too short...don't spend it worrying about people that don't show you they care.
This is supposed to be a happy time for you Chas. I'd hate to have people ruin it for you.
Ok, that's my 2 cents...ok a nickel :)
I would wait to tell him. Wait until you feel more comfortable and you don't feel like you will be mean about it. It seems like that would cause you guilt. So just let it lie for now
Heather
Post a Comment