Ok, so I have been telling myself not to get to excited, just in case something goes wrong like it did last time, but I am getting excited and I can't help it. I guess, as bad as I hate to think about it...that if something is going to go wrong with this pregnancy, there is nothing that I can do about it. I am trying to do everything right. I have quit drinking coffee, and I trying to keep working out. I have been once since I found out I was pg. I guess I know that I am trying to do the right thing. I know that I should be optimistic, but it is so damn hard sometimes! Sometimes I feel like if you expect the worst and then it turns out good, then it is just that much more of a bonus!
Last night, we were sitting outside, and one of our neighbors came over and brought me the book What to Expect When You're Expecting. I started looking through it last night, and it has a ton of information. It is really interesting. It does put your mind at ease about a few things (for example the cramps that I have been having). They just scare the shit out of me. Every time I have them, I run to the bath room to see if spotting is accompanying them. I am trying not to worry so much, but I can't help it!!!!
I guess what seems to be worrying me is that with my last pg, I started spotting and miscarried at 8 weeks. When I went in for my u/s, I found out that the baby quit growing at 5 weeks. I am at 5 weeks now, and my 1st dr. appt. is scheduled for June 30, which will put me at 8 weeks and a couple of days. I keep telling myself that if this is meant to be....then it will be. There is nothing that I can do to change that.
Tuesday, June 07, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That is a good attitude to have Chas although I know that it only somewhat puts your mind at ease. I am praying that everything works out well and I have a good feeling that it will.
Jess
Chas,
That is how i am taking things. What will be will be. I am doing my best to stay calm and relax but it is difficult to do. I have the cramps as well and I have to check to make sure there is no spotting. It is unnerving.
Chas,
I can understand how you feel - with my first I was so scared something was going to go wrong...everytime I would go to the bathroom I would say a mantra "please, please, please let there be nothing!"
When I was 6 weeks I spotted and I almost had a heart attack right there - but it all turned out for the best....My little man is running rampant as we speak!
I am sure that if I am lucky enough to get pregnant I will be a paranoid wreck.
I am happy to see that you are keeping it together I can't wait to hear about your first appointment. (oh - and that book is great!)
Chas,
I know that this must be so scary for you. I pray that this pregnancy will go great. Try to enjoy it. Even if the worst happens you will still have all the memories of your pg to charish. I am hoping and praying everything turns out wonderful and in 8 months you will be holing your perfect baby.
Hugs,
Jenna
Post a Comment