Monday, December 06, 2004

Another WTF day! (Inappropriate language included...)

So, here I am at work and I HATE my job. Maybe I don't hate it, but right now, I really don't like it!

With my job, I do a little of everything. A few of the things that I do relate to visas for visitors and new employees and payment for work done as a personal contractor. So, the accounting department just sent 2 items back that I had sent for payment. One of the things was for payment to a person who came to work for us for 2 months. I didn't get a copy of one piece of info. that is apparently critical in this person getting paid. Well, I had never done one of these personal services contracts and I was supposed to get a copy of his I-94 card and I didn't. I should e-mail him and get him to send me a copy right? Can't do that. They have to surrender that card to the INS when they go back to their home country! What the fuck am I going to do now? I am sure this guy is wanting his money since he completed work in October!

The other one that they sent back was just pure stupid! This one was done right and all required info. was there. He did the work in him home country, but is now an employee here. I hate this shit!

I do all of this visa stuff for these people and I hate it. One little typo or something really insignificant can completely fuck these peoples lives up. If I make one mistake, it can cause them to be unable to enter the US and come to work for us.

On another note, J had to go back out of town for work today. We had a really nice weekend though. He came home on Thursday instead of Friday. We went bowling on Friday and then went over to our neighbors afterwards and drank and played some games. Got home about 2 am and I was trashed! We ended up getting in a huge fight. Made up on Saturday! I was so hung over that we didn't do anything but lay around all day Saturday. Turns out, that was really nice. We haven't done that in a long time. We took a nap on the couch together and cuddled almost all day. I loved it. Yesterday we went and got our Christmas tree. The thing is huge. We have a thing with getting bigger trees than we should. I mean we had to move our coffee table to another room. We got a Colorado Blue Spruce and it is so pretty.

So, on top of all of that, I was doing some thinking. The holidays are coming up and it is just making me think of everything that has happened this year. We had a miscarriage, J's uncle passed away, my papa passed away, and then my little dog died. Holidays can be so happy, but then again so depressing all at the same time. I am thankful for the family and friends that I have, but I am depressed when I think of the ones that I don't. I know that I shouldn't feel that way, but I do.

Then, in a fucked up kind of funny way...if life continues to be fucked up, the way that I assume it will, I figure that I will get pregnant either this month or next! So, we got pg in January of this year and had the miscarriage in March...so, don't you think it would be appropriate that I get pg now.

Well, now that I have had my WTF laugh of the day, I had probably get back to work!

No comments: