Friday, July 01, 2005

Today is a new day....

Well, yesterday just started out shitty and kind of stayed that way. When I scheduled my OB appt. 3 weeks ago, the nurse that I talked to on the phone scheduled my appt. for 3:00 pm, but told me to be there about 2:30 because the nurse could take me back and ask the 1,000 questions that they ask.

Well, I was there about 2:35 yesterday and finally got called back at 3:15. Then, we go in, I answer those 1,000 questions and then she gives me the paper top and sheet so I can strip down and wait on the doctor to come feel me up. So, as I am waiting, the nurse comes in with a horrible look on her face and says "This will be your first lesson at having a doctor who delivers babies. He is a patient in labor and had to leave to go to the hospital." I said..."OK, I understand...so I can get dressed now?" She says yes and leaves the room. My mom went to my appt. with me. As soon as the nurse shut the door, I lost it and broke down. I couldn't quit crying, because I know that the dr. won't send me for a sonogram until I have my exam. That and it was really a waste of a $10 copay. When the nurse came back in, she looked like she was going to cry because she felt so bad for me. Well, the dr. didn't order any blood work before he left, so she went ahead and took some for the normal panel that they run on pg women.

Well, as I am standing in line behind this old couple who are trying to schedule their next appt., one of the receptionist turn around and says, "Are you Sporty?" "Yes", I say. "The doctor has delivered the baby and is on his way back. Would you like to wait?" Again, I am in shock. Well, of course I waited after taking a couple of their dum dum suckers that they had sitting in the cup on the counter.

Well, he gets back and does that lovely pelvic exam. My cervix must have been being shy, because it took him just a little bit to find the damn thing. He says that it is closed (always a good thing) and that it is very high (he says that is good too, that is how you want it). So, for what I could actually find out in the drs. office, he put my mind at ease....at least a little and for the moment. Now, I just have to make it until next Friday, July 8, at 7:30 am when I have my u/s. He was going to send me today, but I figured that as of today, I should be 8 w 3 d, and I want J to be there with me so he can see the heartbeat too! I want us to share that for the first time. Well, he is out of town for work...so now I have to suffer and wait until next week. Even if he is out of town, he is coming home early for it. He is excited to go.

Well....he comes home today and I am excited! I guess, since I came in to work early, I should get busy and do some work!

Please have a very SAFE and HAPPY 4th of July!!!!

Now to all of my girls....I appreciate everything that you have all done for me and all of the support that you have given me. If I didn't need to get to work, I would list you all out...I may do that at lunch! Take care and you are ALL in my thoughts and prayers! Take care.

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Chas - I am so so happy that you got to see your doctor!! Everything is in the right place - hooray!!!
I know you are anxious for the sonogram - but it will be good for you and your husband to share the experience of seeing your little one's heartbeat for the first time together!!!

Good Luck - I am thinking about you!

Ally said...

HI Chas,

I'm glad the exam went so well. I"m glad you waited to see the heartbeat with J...it will be so exciting for you both.
Have a wonderful 4th weekend and I'll talk to you soon.

I'm so happy for you guys!!!

Liz said...

Chas, I am SO happy you were able to see the dr and that everything is normal....YAY!!!

I think its great that you waited until next week so you and J could be together for the u/s...it will be one of those moments that you will always cherish. I am so happy for you.

Take care!

Heather P. said...

I am so glad that everything worked out at the dr's office. That very reason is why I go to one that is in a large practice. However that doesn't gaurentee that the dr you see will deliver your baby. I would rather have the dr's appt. then have the knowing who is going to deliver!! Only 4 more days to go until the u/s!!