Thursday, June 08, 2006

Myxedema...

So, that is what I have. It is a form of hypothyroidism. Apparently, my numbers were not good at all. I can't remember what the term on the blood work said, but the numbers of how much your thyroid is producing is expected to be between .8 and 1.8, mine was a .24. The doctor says that is "like having more than half of my thyroid tied behind my back." Then the number that shows how much your brain is telling your body to produce should be between 1.xxx and 5.5. Mine is 143.10!!!! He said that is the second highest number he has ever seen and that is not good. So, I have to take a pill once a day at least for the next 4 weeks and go back. He gave me a slip to be off work, but I came back. I may take tomorrow off and hit the cabin early this weekend. He says this is definitely why I have *MAJOR* water retention, muscle tiredness, and forgetfulness. Thank goodness there is a reason to this madness.

Well, that is about it...he told me again that little Miss Samantha is above average. I am SO proud!!! Gotta love a doc like that!!!!

Take care and have a good weekend!!!!

Oh...are we on for Monday again? I really enjoyed that...let me know.

4 comments:

Ally said...

I'm sorry you got bad news at the doctor but I am thankful they did find a reason for the swelling, tiredness, etc. I'm sure the meds will help immensely and you'll be your old self before too long.

Thinking of ya!! And yes, Monday is still on!

Love Ally

Melissa said...

At least they finally found out what the deal was! Hopefully the medication will help in no time. Is this something that is going to be able to correct itself, or do they not know? I really hope things go well with your dad. You will definitely have to let us know how it goes!

Get better soon! =)
Melissa

Heather said...

I am so glad you found out what the problem is and I hope the meds can fix it for you. I wish I had a reason for my "swelling",lol, except mine is just plain fat. It's good to hear how well Samantha is doing, too! Have a great weekend!
Heather M.

Mrs. D. said...

How are you feeling on the meds???

Hope you are feeling better.