
SO, yesterday I am picking Samantha up from my mom's house when my cell starts playing Let's Get It On by Marvin Gaye, so I know it has to be J, since his is the only one that sings that sweet song. Anyway, he asks where I am and I tell him that I hadn't left my mom's yet and he tells me to stay there. Our fucking 2 year old furnace went out. It was 60 in the house. It had apparently been out all day! So, J has been sick and refused to stay at my mom's and sleep in a small room with Samantha and I because he didn't want to get us sick. So he stayed in a freezing house (that was 50 degrees this morning) and we stayed at my moms.
The guy that installed it was there at 8:30 this morning and had it working within 10 mins. The electrical board had to be replaced. So our new furnace that had a 5 year warranty was fixed free of charge and now has a new 5 year warranty. I am rather glad that it didn't happen this weekend when the low is supposed to be -5 with a windchill of -10 to -20 below. Damn! I wanted to put Samantha on her little sled a play...but I don't think that is going to be happening this weekend.
Anyway...I hope that we can get together for a chat soon. I miss my IPP girls.
Good to have you back Les! I am looking forward to some updates when you get a chance!
Have a great weekend!!!!
One last thing.....please say a prayer for all of those that lost family in FL from this last bout of storms.
3 comments:
That really sucks Chas. I'm glad they got the firnace working so quickly and that you didn't have to pay...that would have been him ass I'm sure!
Sorry I missed the chat, I was so sick that night...doing much better though. Hopefully we can do it again real soon.
I hope it warms up for you...it was 70 today in Texas....I know, I'm bragging! LOL
Hugs! Ally
Getting in to comment a little late...but that totally sucks about your furnace. Glad it's up and running now. I really feel your pain about the cold weather. We haven't been faring any better here in Missouri. Yesterday it finally started warming up a bit though!!!
Hope the weather is better in your neck of the woods, it's been a bad winter here too. I remember how I couldn't wait for our first snow and now that we've gotten so much of it, it's barely news worthy to me.
Miss you!
Jess
Post a Comment