Here is the story:
Tuesday - She thought she was having a heart attack. The pain was so severe that it literally knocked her out of her chair. A few minutes later the pain dulled and was on the right side of her chest, so she decided it wasn't a heart attack (even though women have atypical symptoms). So, she put a heating pad on it for the majority of the evening.
Wednesday - She went to the doctor at 11 am. He sent her for x-rays and within about 20 mins or so of the x-rays, he was calling her to tell her to get back to the office NOW!!!! He sent her directly to the hospital because she has a partially collapsed right lung that is pulling from the wall. The part that isn't collapsed is about 40% full of fluid and air.
So, she is at the hospital with a chest tube to drain the fluid. She is pretty good with pain tollerance, but she is saying the pain is at about a 6 on a scale of 0-10. The 6 is WITH vicodin and morphine! So, I am leaving work in a few minutes to head back up there.
As an added note....kind of threw me off that I read a good friend's blog yesterday. Yep...makes you realize how much you can take for granted.
Well, time to get off of here and do a thing or two before heading out for the day.
Take care.
**Update**
It's Saturday....they removed my mom's chest tube, everything looks good.....and she is getting ready to go home. I am taking Monday and Tuesday off of work to stay with her. I am soooooo glad that everything is going to be OK!!! Whoo hoo!!! I think I just may have to have a drink to celebrate (after I go pay an arm and a leg for some out of season watermelon that she has been craving!)
I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! Take care.
Thanks for the well wishes girls. I appreciate it. I needed it too!!!!!
Thanks for the well wishes girls. I appreciate it. I needed it too!!!!!
6 comments:
Oh my! Your mom is in my prayers and I hope she has a very speedy recovery. You are so fortunant that she went to the doctor... some people just ignore those things... I am so glad that you are able to be there with her to help her through this.
Thinking of you,
love,
Jamie
Your mom is in my prayers - I hope everything is ok. Be safe.
I am sorry to hear that your mother is sick but glad to hear that she is doing better. she will be in my prayers
HEather
I am so glad to hear that everything is ok with your mom. Where in the world did you find good watermelon????
Update soon.
Oh My Chassy...I'm so sorry your mom was sick. I'm glad she's going well now.
We need to chat soon!!
Hugs!
Ohhh. I am glad to hear she is recovering, your probably still asleep and its Sunday night for you. It's Monday here and I hope your mum is out and about Today..
Sending you big cyber hugs..
Thinking of you and your mum.
Luv Lesley
Post a Comment