Tuesday, June 12, 2007

All about me... **UPDATED **

Here is a quick synopsis of what is going on with me....

Yesterday around 10:30 am I started feeling a little nauseous, so I ate an apple thinking I was just hungry since I hadn't really eaten breakfast or anything. That didn't make it go away. When I started eating lunch, with every bite, I got sicker and sicker to my stomach. Then around 1:30 pm I got a headache that just wouldn't go away. Around 4:45 or so, I got a bit dizzy, I was sick at my stomach, and my chest felt heavy and I was having a hard time breathing (I honestly thought that I was having a heart attack). Well, I got up and went in the hall, figuring that if I passed out, there was a much better chance of someone finding me here at work. Anyway, it passed enough for me to go home. It eased up throughout the evening, so I figured maybe it was anxiety or something. This morning after I got to work it was happening again, so I went to the Urgent Care (my doctor is on vacation this week). They were so nice. It is a new facility and I was in and out within an hour and a half (which is much quicker than the doctor's office). Anyway, they checked my blood sugars (I am on metformin for PCOS and TTC) and that was fine. They did an EKG and it was normal. The doctor is almost positive that it is my thyroid (I am currently taking 125 mcg/day). So, he took blood to check those levels and he also orderd a CBC. The thing that concerned him was that my heart rate was right at 100 just sitting there. So, if my blood work comes back normal, he is planning on having me use the holter monitor.

My chest still feels heavy and it is kind of hard to take really deep breaths, but he told me not to worry too much unless my symptoms get worse and if they do...go to the ER!

The upside....since my highest weight after having little S, I have lost 24 lbs!!!!! Woo hoo. Really, I know that doesn't seem like much, but considering I gained 50 lbs, lost 20 and then gained back 20 + due to the under active thyroid...I am pretty damn happy. I still have 40 that I want to loose, but right now I will settle with 18 - 20 more!

That is about it for now. I miss my IPP girls!!!!!

Updated 6/15/07:

Well, apparently my thyroid is out of whack again and that is what is causing the shortness of breath and chest pains. According to the lab that did my blood work TSH "normal" range is .27-4.20 and my level is .09. So, I have to follow up with my primary care physician (who is still on vacation). I called to get an appt. that had been open, but it no longer is. So, I left a message with his nurse to see if I could just get a lab slip and him change my medication without having to see him. I am leaving for vacation on the 21st (I could get in to see him on the 21st at 9 am, but seeing as I am going to be leaving work at 3 pm that day and not coming back until the following Thursday, I can't take the time off). I don't know...I am just trying to save my time up at work in case I do get pg again. We don't get maternity leave and have to use our vacation-personal-sick time and then take unpaid if we want more time off (and we can't afford that!!!).

Anyway....that is it! Have a great weekend!!!!

6 comments:

Jenna said...

I hope that you start feeling better soon and that they find out what is wrong. Please keep us updated you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Jenn said...

How freaking scary!!!!! I hope you are doing ok - I miss you too - we need to carve out some time!

Ally said...

wow, that was so scary to read Chassy...I'm glad you're feeling a little better. Please just take it easy and don't worry about the weight, it'll come off.

Love ya!

Talk to you soon (I hope) :)

Anonymous said...

I really hope your feeling a lot better now and that they get it sorted out. That would be so scary. Take it easy, yeah. Let us know how your doing soon.
And congrats on ya weight loss.
Luv ya, hugs... Lesley

Anonymous said...

Hope your weekend is good and your doing ok and taking care, yeah..
Hugs, Lesley

Heather P. said...

Hope that you are feeling better now. GL TTC! I haven't been preventing but since I had to have IVF to get pregnant I can't wait to try it again. GL!
Heather