Wednesday, December 28, 2005

We are back...

Well, we had a very nice Christmas with J's family in Buffalo. We left here around 12:30 pm last Thursday. Then, on Friday, we had the family Christmas party, Saturday afternoon was my baby shower, Saturday evening, we went to the barn for a Christmas Eve service (it was really neat...sang and had some scripture with stories. There were animals there for the kids). Then, Sunday we had Christmas and on Monday, I did something I NEVER do...I went out shopping with J's mom, grandma, and aunt. I am not a huge shopper...especially when I know that there are going to be huge crowds, but I did it this year and actually had a good time. Then we headed home on Monday around 1:30 pm and got home about 8 pm.

I had a doctor appointment today. I got to tell him how swollen my ankles and feet have been. They look horrible. The other day they looked like a ham with vienna weinies stuck on the end. It was really kind of gross looking. At least it doesn't hurt. So, Samantha is measuring right on track. His guesstimate is that she will be a 7 to 7 1/2 lb. baby. I think that I can handle that. She is now head down and getting into position. Let's just hope that she stays that way. I have gained so much weight that it isn't even funny! I won't give you the exact amount, but I can say that it is over 40 lbs. I feel like such a heifer. J says I look great, but unless he wants his head bit off and a crying wife, he knows what he is "supposed" to say. Samantha is still quite the mover. I don't think that this kid ever sleeps. She cracks me up. I asked him how far overdo he would let me go if she is late and he said that a week is his limit. I am really hoping that she isn't late...I don't want a valentine's baby. I want her to have her own special day.

Well, other than that, not a whole lot to report. Work is the same...wish I weren't here. I probably won't be online much after work tomorrow, so....


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I hope that everyone has a wonderful New Year and that it brings everything that you are wishing for. Take care and please be careful....

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well Chas,
I'm not a blog-reader, your blog happens to be my second blog I've ever read. (Giving you a moment to feel special in the spotlight) LOL ok that's enough.

Welcome back. I'm so happy to read that your getting closer and closer to holding your precious baby girl in your arms. Its an amazing experience and I'm so blessed to have been a part of it by being your prayer buddy.

I saw your belly pics, CUTE! Keep growing and don't worry about the few extra lbs. ya got plenty of running around to do when Samantha comes. Besides ya look great!

Continuing to pray for you and Samantha. Happy New Year!

Tummy Tickles,
Jennie

Jessigirl said...

Chas,

I'm glad to see you're back safe and you and baby are doing great! I hope you had a great Christmas and a wonderful New Year Holiday!

Love ya,
Jess

Heather said...

Chas, I am glad that you are back and had a good, safe time. It sounds like Samantha is doing well, too. Have a wonderful new year!
Heather M.

Jenna said...

I am glad that you had a good Christmas, and even happier to hear that Samantha is doing great.
I can't believe that she will be here so soon, it is so exciting. I am still just so happy for you. I know you must make a beatiful pregnant woman and like Jennie said don't worry about the few extra pounds I am sure they will come off easy after your miracle is here.
You and J are in my thoughts and prayers.
Hugs,
Jenna
Happy New Year!

Jenn said...

Don't worry about the pounds Chas - do what your body tells you to do - if it says eat - then damn it - EAT! LOL If your last pics are any indication, then you look fantastic!
Swelling in your legs does suck - I had that with Joey - but the day you have Sammy you will be so surprised at how quickly it goes away. My sister said there was a drastic difference from when I went into the hospital to an hour after I had Joey - there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Keep up the great work cooking your little one! I am glad you had a nice holiday - Happy New Year!!!!

Liz said...

Chas, glad you had a nice Christmas and most of all that things are going well. I can't believe Samantha will be here soon...how exciting. Take care and don't worry about the weight.

Have a great new year!

Heather P. said...

Hi Chas!
I have gained 32 and last week it was 37! LOL I was alot bigger than you when starting too!!!!!! it can come off.

i am like you have a terrible time sleeping!! LOL Joys of pregnancy! Loving every second of it!

I got a mover too!He does settle down in the afternoon though so a nap for me is just what I need! I just found out today that My dr isn't going to let me go past 39 weeks so looks like a jan baby for me! We are so close and I am so happy for us

Mrs. D. said...

I hope I look that good pg!!! Don't worry about the weight... it will come off.